Merry Christmas everyone!
Last of the excerpts from the Holy Bible, the Gospel of Luke. The Nativity of our Savior Christ Jesus which we celebrate by tradition on December 25th.
- And it came to pass, as the angels were gone away from them into heaven, the shepherds said one to another, Let us now go even unto Bethlehem, and see this thing which is come to pass, which the Lord hath made known unto us.
- And they came with haste, and found Mary, and Joseph, and the babe lying in a manger.
- And when they had seen it, they made known abroad the saying which was told them concerning this child.
- And all they that heard it wondered at those things which were told them by the shepherds.
- But Mary kept all these things, and pondered them in her heart.
- And the shepherds returned, glorifying and praising God for all the things that they had heard and seen, as it was told unto them.
Many Christians feel a “calling” to a higher purpose in life. Some act on this and others find this difficult for many reasons from feeling foolish or superstitious to putting it off because they are too busy in their current lifestyle. Find a way to work that calling into your life. God never meant for us to do drastic things to prove our love to Him. Many overlook people and things in their own lives that need their attention to go and serve in this higher capacity while neglecting who they were really meant to serve. Pray on all matters.
Enjoy the next section from the First Chapter of Luke that ushers Lord Jesus the Christ into a world that forsakes Him for the most part. This part of the Bible blessed me to hear of the babe leaping with joy in the womb of his mother Elizabeth at the sweet sound of Mary’s blessed voice!
- And Mary arose in those days, and went into the hill country with haste, into a city of Juda;
- And entered into the house of Zacharias, and saluted Elisabeth.
- And it came to pass, that, when Elisabeth heard the salutation of Mary, the babe leaped in her womb; and Elisabeth was filled with the Holy Ghost:
- And she spake out with a loud voice, and said, Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb.
- And whence is this to me, that the mother of my Lord should come to me?
- For, lo, as soon as the voice of thy salutation sounded in mine ears, the babe leaped in my womb for joy.
- And blessed is she that believed: for there shall be a performance of those things which were told her from the Lord.
- And Mary said, My soul doth magnify the Lord.
- And my spirit hath rejoiced in God my Saviour.
- For he hath regarded the low estate of his handmaiden: for, behold, from henceforth all generations shall call me blessed.
- For he that is mighty hath done to me great things; and holy is his name.
- And his mercy is on them that fear him from generation to generation.
- He hath shewed strength with his arm; he hath scattered the proud in the imagination of their hearts.
- He hath put down the mighty from their seats, and exalted them of low degree.
- He hath filled the hungry with good things; and the rich he hath sent empty away.
- He hath holpen his servant Israel, in remembrance of his mercy;
- As he spake to our fathers, to Abraham, and to his seed forever.
Christians can all relate to the story of the coming of the Lord. Enjoy the following excerpts from the Bible, Book of Luke for the next seven days leading us to Christmas and His Holy Birth.
- And in the sixth month the angel Gabriel was sent from God into a city of Galilee, named Nazareth,
- To a virgin espoused to a man whose name was Joseph, of the house of David; and the virgin’s name was Mary.
- And the angel came in unto her, and said, Hail, thou that art highly favored, the Lord is with thee: blessed art thou among women.
- And when she saw him, she was troubled at his saying, and cast in her mind what manner of salutation this should be.
- And the angel said unto her, Fear not, Mary: for thou hast found favor with God.
- And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shall call his name Jesus.
- He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David:
- And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.
- Then said Mary unto the angel, How shall this be, seeing I know not a man?
- And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.
- And, behold, thy cousin Elisabeth, she hath also conceived a son in her old age: and this is the sixth month with her, who was called barren.
- For with God nothing shall be impossible.
- And Mary said, Behold the handmaid of the Lord; be it unto to me according to thy word. And the Angel departed from her.