The spiritual world and the earthy, material world you now inhabit with your body. Most of us are torn between the spiritual and the material with all it’s readily available temptations. More than ever our culture knows no bounds because those in charge are the unGodly. Sad that most don’t even have it in them to know God, to do the right thing. Most do what they need to so they can look good, not out of any goodness in their own heart that comes from obeying God. Jesus was obedient, even unto His crucifixion.
The next excerpt of the conception and birth of our Lord Jesus Christ from the Holy Bible.
- And his father Zacharias was filled with the Holy Ghost, and prophesied, saying,
- Blessed be the Lord God of Israel; for he hath visited and redeemed his people,
- And hath raised up an horn of salvation for us in the house of his servant David;
- As he spake by the mouth of his holy prophets, which have been since the world began:
- That we should be saved from our enemies, and from the hand of all that hate us;
- To perform the mercy promised to our fathers, and to remember his holy covenant;
- The oath which he sware to our father Abraham,
- That he would grant unto us, that we being delivered out of the hand of our enemies might serve him without fear,
- In holiness and righteousness before him, all the days of our life.
- And thou, child, shalt be called the prophet of the Highest: for thou shalt go before the face of the Lord to prepare his ways;
- To give knowledge of salvation unto his people by the remission of their sins.
- Through the tender mercy of our God; whereby the dayspring from on high hath visited us.
- To give light to them that sit in darkness and in the shadow of death, to guide our feet into the way of peace.
- And the child grew, and waxed strong in spirit, and was in the deserts till the day of his shewing unto Israel.
Many Christians feel a “calling” to a higher purpose in life. Some act on this and others find this difficult for many reasons from feeling foolish or superstitious to putting it off because they are too busy in their current lifestyle. Find a way to work that calling into your life. God never meant for us to do drastic things to prove our love to Him. Many overlook people and things in their own lives that need their attention to go and serve in this higher capacity while neglecting who they were really meant to serve. Pray on all matters.
Enjoy the next section from the First Chapter of Luke that ushers Lord Jesus the Christ into a world that forsakes Him for the most part. This part of the Bible blessed me to hear of the babe leaping with joy in the womb of his mother Elizabeth at the sweet sound of Mary’s blessed voice!
- And Mary arose in those days, and went into the hill country with haste, into a city of Juda;
- And entered into the house of Zacharias, and saluted Elisabeth.
- And it came to pass, that, when Elisabeth heard the salutation of Mary, the babe leaped in her womb; and Elisabeth was filled with the Holy Ghost:
- And she spake out with a loud voice, and said, Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb.
- And whence is this to me, that the mother of my Lord should come to me?
- For, lo, as soon as the voice of thy salutation sounded in mine ears, the babe leaped in my womb for joy.
- And blessed is she that believed: for there shall be a performance of those things which were told her from the Lord.
- And Mary said, My soul doth magnify the Lord.
- And my spirit hath rejoiced in God my Saviour.
- For he hath regarded the low estate of his handmaiden: for, behold, from henceforth all generations shall call me blessed.
- For he that is mighty hath done to me great things; and holy is his name.
- And his mercy is on them that fear him from generation to generation.
- He hath shewed strength with his arm; he hath scattered the proud in the imagination of their hearts.
- He hath put down the mighty from their seats, and exalted them of low degree.
- He hath filled the hungry with good things; and the rich he hath sent empty away.
- He hath holpen his servant Israel, in remembrance of his mercy;
- As he spake to our fathers, to Abraham, and to his seed forever.