Weekly Photo Challenge: LUNCHTIME

Keep it simple, but real.

Po’ Girl Project Updates

Just wanted to post some of my recent projects.  I hope to have an etsy shop very soon and have included various states of some of my projects.

The first one is a slide show of a pot holders sewing project that matches an apron previously made.

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

The last coat of acrylic paint in a cream color has finally covered the cottage cheese label on this plastic container I plan to use as a hanging lamp. (more to come on that project on instructables.com.)

I used to only use transfer paper on my fabric, but this time just printed some of my photos on printer paper and adhered them to fabric and glass with acrylic matte medium so I can use them for natural jewelry pieces and embellishments using beads, eyelets, paint, threads, etc. I just like to play around and see where my imagination takes me sometimes.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I purchased some Crayola air dry clay in white to make odds & ends of pendents using molds and stamps to shape and alter for jewelry. I inserted wire to hang or attach. Update to come later after painting or decoupaging tissue to show how something so cheap and easy can look really good.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Just starting another instructable for a nightgown made from a Queen size bedsheet, flat. I tea stained the fabric first to give it a vintage look.

 

Decided to upcycle a thread-worn cream colored turtle neck sweater. Cut down the center to insert a zipper. I am in the process of sewing on strips of faux fur.

 

When I Made My Bed I Really Made My Bed!

Donated my old headboard after getting sick of dusting it.  It was a very ornate Spanish style.  Want to get a cream colored metal headboard, very plain, but in the meantime I had some old pegboard stands I used to use in art shows sitting around in the basement.  Used one that was 2 24″ X 48″ boards hinged together.  Perfect width and height for a queen size bed.

Thickness of the cotton batting.