The Kiss of Judas Iscariot
Many things led up to the Crucifixion of Christ but the Kiss of death from Judas was how the soldiers knew which one of the men were Jesus when they came to arrest Him for speaking against the leaders of the day. They finally got Him by accusing Him of Blasphemy which was a capital crime and they could finally put him to death as evil is so fond of doing to anyone that gets in the way.
Jesus spent His life in prayer and furthering the Kingdom of His Father in Heaven here on earth. Telling everyone that he trusted what needed to be said so the world would finally be as it was intended from the start of creation. So those who were meant to hear the “Good News” would indeed hear it and obey. There were stipulations to this Salvation and Jesus mentioned this frequently. He talked about man’s love for hypocrisy and judgment against others. He spoke of love and forgiveness as the only way past this. “If a man repent, forgive him.” He did not say blindly forgive evil and allow it to spread over the world. He said that whatever you did to others, so your Father in Heaven would do unto you. Karma so to speak. No one can deny “cause and effect.” For every action, another action of some kind will always occur.
Obedient to His death, Jesus lived to serve others. How many of us can say this? I know I can’t. I have my moments, but I admit, I usually come first now. There are so much good information on how to walk the Christian walk in the New Testament. The first four Books are the most important as they are the Gospel of Matthew, Mark, Luke and John. Actual accounts of the life of Christ.
Enjoy the short video and music by Michael W Smith (Stand) Oh Lord, You’re Beautiful. Jesus always spoke hope into everyone but made it clear that you must keep the commandments of God, keeping God first place in your life. To love Him with your entire being as well as loving your brothers. Others are not on this earth to use and abuse to your fancy. Is that how you wish to be treated? He said that narrow is the way to righteousness and humorously made the point of how it would be impossible for the rich to enter heaven. Something to think about but I get it. With so many needy in the world it is strange to see some with so much. I would think a normal person would feel ashamed but most do not because they are not in the Word. They live for the world and not God.
This is such a Holy and Blessed time for the Christians of the world. Thank you God for the gift of salvation and thank you Jesus for your great sacrifice for those of us that are not worthy of such a gift, such great love. I pray to come to greater understanding of your ways so I can further your Kingdom as well. Amen
Sunday morning. Many Christians congregate in churches on the Sabbath.
Many Christians feel a “calling” to a higher purpose in life. Some act on this and others find this difficult for many reasons from feeling foolish or superstitious to putting it off because they are too busy in their current lifestyle. Find a way to work that calling into your life. God never meant for us to do drastic things to prove our love to Him. Many overlook people and things in their own lives that need their attention to go and serve in this higher capacity while neglecting who they were really meant to serve. Pray on all matters.
Enjoy the next section from the First Chapter of Luke that ushers Lord Jesus the Christ into a world that forsakes Him for the most part. This part of the Bible blessed me to hear of the babe leaping with joy in the womb of his mother Elizabeth at the sweet sound of Mary’s blessed voice!
- And Mary arose in those days, and went into the hill country with haste, into a city of Juda;
- And entered into the house of Zacharias, and saluted Elisabeth.
- And it came to pass, that, when Elisabeth heard the salutation of Mary, the babe leaped in her womb; and Elisabeth was filled with the Holy Ghost:
- And she spake out with a loud voice, and said, Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb.
- And whence is this to me, that the mother of my Lord should come to me?
- For, lo, as soon as the voice of thy salutation sounded in mine ears, the babe leaped in my womb for joy.
- And blessed is she that believed: for there shall be a performance of those things which were told her from the Lord.
- And Mary said, My soul doth magnify the Lord.
- And my spirit hath rejoiced in God my Saviour.
- For he hath regarded the low estate of his handmaiden: for, behold, from henceforth all generations shall call me blessed.
- For he that is mighty hath done to me great things; and holy is his name.
- And his mercy is on them that fear him from generation to generation.
- He hath shewed strength with his arm; he hath scattered the proud in the imagination of their hearts.
- He hath put down the mighty from their seats, and exalted them of low degree.
- He hath filled the hungry with good things; and the rich he hath sent empty away.
- He hath holpen his servant Israel, in remembrance of his mercy;
- As he spake to our fathers, to Abraham, and to his seed forever.