Jesus the Christ
Imagine everyone you know currently in our media being humble, really serving others and making great sacrifices. Imagine the wealthy giving all they have to others more needy, within reason. I’m not saying walk around with nothing after some earned it legitimately, I mean those that are paid millions actually living in an average home, driving a decent car and giving away most of what’s left to others that will never have the chance to earn it due to lower intellect, not being cute enough or just being born into poverty from which for most there is no way out.
I love some of the lines from current Christian music that lay it on the line about those who currently “save the trees but kill the children” also “what if the family turned to Jesus, stopped asking Oprah what to do.” Sad state of affairs but that is another blog. Today I am posting a video with some of Jesus “Greatest Hits” by video. Hope to make some others soon, maybe with a theme.
Happy Resurrection Sunday!
Music is by Michael W Smith (Stand) Come to the Cross.
As always graphics by Po’ Girl Shines/C A Lewis©
The Kiss of Judas Iscariot
Many things led up to the Crucifixion of Christ but the Kiss of death from Judas was how the soldiers knew which one of the men were Jesus when they came to arrest Him for speaking against the leaders of the day. They finally got Him by accusing Him of Blasphemy which was a capital crime and they could finally put him to death as evil is so fond of doing to anyone that gets in the way.
Jesus spent His life in prayer and furthering the Kingdom of His Father in Heaven here on earth. Telling everyone that he trusted what needed to be said so the world would finally be as it was intended from the start of creation. So those who were meant to hear the “Good News” would indeed hear it and obey. There were stipulations to this Salvation and Jesus mentioned this frequently. He talked about man’s love for hypocrisy and judgment against others. He spoke of love and forgiveness as the only way past this. “If a man repent, forgive him.” He did not say blindly forgive evil and allow it to spread over the world. He said that whatever you did to others, so your Father in Heaven would do unto you. Karma so to speak. No one can deny “cause and effect.” For every action, another action of some kind will always occur.
Obedient to His death, Jesus lived to serve others. How many of us can say this? I know I can’t. I have my moments, but I admit, I usually come first now. There are so much good information on how to walk the Christian walk in the New Testament. The first four Books are the most important as they are the Gospel of Matthew, Mark, Luke and John. Actual accounts of the life of Christ.
Enjoy the short video and music by Michael W Smith (Stand) Oh Lord, You’re Beautiful. Jesus always spoke hope into everyone but made it clear that you must keep the commandments of God, keeping God first place in your life. To love Him with your entire being as well as loving your brothers. Others are not on this earth to use and abuse to your fancy. Is that how you wish to be treated? He said that narrow is the way to righteousness and humorously made the point of how it would be impossible for the rich to enter heaven. Something to think about but I get it. With so many needy in the world it is strange to see some with so much. I would think a normal person would feel ashamed but most do not because they are not in the Word. They live for the world and not God.
This is such a Holy and Blessed time for the Christians of the world. Thank you God for the gift of salvation and thank you Jesus for your great sacrifice for those of us that are not worthy of such a gift, such great love. I pray to come to greater understanding of your ways so I can further your Kingdom as well. Amen
Merry Christmas everyone!
Last of the excerpts from the Holy Bible, the Gospel of Luke. The Nativity of our Savior Christ Jesus which we celebrate by tradition on December 25th.
- And it came to pass, as the angels were gone away from them into heaven, the shepherds said one to another, Let us now go even unto Bethlehem, and see this thing which is come to pass, which the Lord hath made known unto us.
- And they came with haste, and found Mary, and Joseph, and the babe lying in a manger.
- And when they had seen it, they made known abroad the saying which was told them concerning this child.
- And all they that heard it wondered at those things which were told them by the shepherds.
- But Mary kept all these things, and pondered them in her heart.
- And the shepherds returned, glorifying and praising God for all the things that they had heard and seen, as it was told unto them.
Always loved the song “Silent Night.” We would sing this every Christmas when I was young.
Enjoy the continuation of the Nativity, the birth of our Lord Jesus Christ.
- And there were in the same country shepherds abiding in the field, keeping watch over their flock by night.
- And, lo, the angel of the Lord came upon them, and the glory of the Lord shone round about them: and they were sore afraid.
- And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people.
- For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord.
- And this shall be a sign unto you; Ye shall find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes, lying in a manger.
- And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God, and saying,
- Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men.